AD Backup and Restore
Active Directory Backup and Restore
Take regular backups and restore Active Directory to desired state. Simply identify unwanted changes made in AD and rollback them using LepideAuditor's Backup restore feature. Get freedom from hours of fanatic efforts to find and reverse disastrous changes in Active Directory.
One wrong change in security group membership or accidental deletion of an OU can create havoc in any organization. Since all these changes are associated with Active Directory, AD administrators must always stay attentive and watchful to critical changes. Any disastrous change in AD often results in hours of and sometimes even days of stressful efforts from administrators. To undo the changes user need access to information like who, when, and where made the changes and what was the status of AD prior to these changes. However, at the time of disaster, simply having this information is not enough and in worst cases even this information may become inaccessible leaving you perplexed.
To efficiently handle such situations you need to have effective Active Directory backup and recovery facility. LepideAuditor for Active Directory empowers you with this facility and enables you to easily and quickly roll back unwanted changes made in AD to save time and improve overall efficiency.
- Undesirable changes to Active Directory may seriously hamper the security and stability of your AD environment. It is important to detect such changes and rollback them at the earliest.
- Taking regular backups ensure that you can perform complete Active Directory recovery and restore Active Directory to stable states using backup.
- To rollback an undesirable change you first need to identify it at the earliest. Having a robust alert mechanism can help you in this regard - a functionality that native services lack.
- Extracting Who, What, When and Where information, which helps in identifying and rolling back a change, is difficult to achieve from complex AD Logs.
- It takes a lot of time and effort to detect and then undo a change manually.
LAAD gives you the option to take periodic backup/snapshots of Active Directory environment. These snapshots help the administrator in easily identifying the changes made in Active Directory and facilitate him in easily reversing critical or all the changes made in AD. It provides the administrator with a reliable option to recover AD objects and object attributes from Active Directory backups.
Configure automatic alerts to be sent out to the specified person as soon as any undesirable AD change occurs. Minimize detection time and avoid need to go through AD security logs.
Take regular AD backups/snapshots; pick any backup/snapshot to compare current AD status with it and rollback undesirable changes selectively within minutes.
- Have full control over your AD environment with ability to rollback changes without using native tools.
- Minimize the reaction time and quickly reverse unwanted changes to save time and improve security.
- Take regular backups/snapshots and use them to restore AD to any particular state in past.
- Protect AD objects against malicious changes and maintain stability in the AD environment.
- Enjoy freedom from reliance on native Active Directory Recycle Bin or Active Directory tombstone to restore deleted AD objects.
- Hands-on ability to rollback changes prevents unplanned outage and security breaches.
In addition to offering you unmatched ability to track each and every change made in AD with its Active Directory Tracking feature, LAAD also provides you unmatched power with its Active Directory backup and restore feature. Effective monitoring of changes and quick restoration of services in AD is pivotal in minimizing end user disruption and providing them with best quality services.