How to edit the email sent to the end users? 1950 https://lepide.com
Close
Login to Your Account
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How to edit the email sent to the end users?

How to edit the email sent to the end users?

How do you edit the email sent to the end users? Is there any What would be useful is to be able to tell the users how to change the password eg ?Press Alt Ctrl Del when on the network and select Change Password? There might be other
    things to add such as the password complexity required.

Hi Ducky, I would like to inform you that, in the current version of the software you can't edit the email sent to the users while you can edit the email attributes for the mail which has to be sent to the administrator.

Also if you wan to add any specific text to be sent to the users then please provide us the format and the text we will add that text in the software and will provide you a customized set up for the software.

What would be useful is to be able to tell the users how to change the password eg “Press Alt Ctrl Del when on the network and select Change Password” There might be other things to add such as the password complexity required.

One other thing, the software is scheduled to send alerts to admin and user at 7:30am, the reports run ok but they also run when you access the program, the users got three reminders yesterday and two today.

[FONT=Verdana]We have talked to the Dev team and the customization will take a couple of working days to get that done. If there is anything else you want to get added, please let us know now.

Also for the multiple alerts issue please check your task manager processes as guided below:

Process Name: LepidepasswordexpirySCH.exe

Please setup the Expiration alerts in the software if you have removed the earlier ones and close the software. Now,please check "How many instances of the above stated process exists" in Task Manager during the below scenarios

1. Check the no of instances
    2. Open the software and check the number.
    3. Close the software and check.

Please update us with all three required information, then we will check it in our environment and will try resolve this issue as soon aspossible
    [/FONT]

I hadn’t closed the application, only one instance of sch.exe running whether I have the app running or not. I have left the app closed and will wait to see what happens at 4pm when I have been getting the duplicate alerts, the 7:30 ran ok
    I will confirm the wording for the email on Monday.

We will wait for your update and for the customized message, you need not to give your particular wordings as we are customizing the email template where we give editable space to add your own text to the users, I hope it will suit you

The reports have continued to run at 7:30 and 16:15 daily. I have just logged on to the server and stopped the *sch.exe process and then started the application, at which point two Lepide processes start of which one is the *sch.exe, I presume this is the scheduler and the other the application. However on exiting the application it sends yet more password reminders so the users will probably get three reminders today which will not prove popular. Is this sending of reports every time the application is closed by design?

Download and install the updated version of Lepide User Password Expiration Reminder from the link below:

http://www.harddiskrepairing.com/Lep...y/PERsetup.exe

We have fixed both the issues (Multiple alerts & Editable text for users), please check it in your environment and reply whether its working for you or not.

Download and install the updated version of Lepide User Password Expiration Reminder from the link below:

http://www.harddiskrepairing.com/Lep...y/PERsetup.exe

We have fixed both the issues (Multiple alerts & Editable text for users), please check it in your environment and reply whether its working for you or not.

Another improvement for the email would be to pick up the display name rather than the user name and also remove the additional text to allow more freedom by the administrator eg:

"Hi ducky

Your password for account 'gortond' will expire in 13 days and 22 hours.
    Please change at your earliest opportunity to prevent log on issues.
    When in the office or on the VPN press Alt Ctrl Del and select Change Password"

+ Reply to Thread