Change Capture time / Agent 1967 https://lepide.com
Close
Login to Your Account
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Change Capture time / Agent

Change Capture time / Agent

Change capture is taking about 30 minutes to complete. Is this normal ? Does using the agent speed up the time it takes for a change capture to complete ?

Hi,

The change capturing time depends on size of the AD environment i.e. number of Active Directory users and objects. The first time when you capture the changes, it is usual to take 15-30 minutes or may be more depends on the size of AD. After that the tool will take a couple of minutes whenever you want to capture the changes in Active Directory.
    Moreover, using the agent has nothing to do with the speed up but it is recommended to install the agent to avoid the risks associated and for the accurate performance.

Thanks..
    Last edited by Pankaj; 03-07-2014 at 06:08 AM.

Thanks, Andrews. So you're thinking a consistent 32 minutes for each change capture is probably an issue ? I haven't read about any "risks associated" with not using the capture agent. Have you spoken with Lepide tech support or read that in some of their documentation ?

Thanks.
    -Stephen

Thanks Stephen and Andrew for the post,

As Andrew rightly said, the change capture depend on the number of AD user and the DCs so for the first time it can take this much of time. but from the second time it will not take 30 minute to capture the changes.
    Please update us the number of AD users and the DCs in the domain so that we can guide you in a better way also I would like to
    inform you that the change capture time doesn't depend upon agent/agent less functioning.

There is no risk associated with the agent, with agent auditing helps you when the remote machine/DC is not contactable due to some network connection issue, in this case agent keeps the auditing information in a log form and as its get connected, agent shoot the desirable information to the software. Time lag in this case is almost negligible.

We have about 150 AD "users" and 3DCs. The one DC that auditor seems to be connecting to is a VM. The others are physical servers. Is there a way to configure Lepide to connect to a particular DC ?

Hi,

The software should connect all DCs in the Domain. Please check whether the agent is installed on your other 2 DCs. We would recommend you to connect to all DCs.

Best Regards,
    Harsha.

OK, very interesting. It took about 30 cycles of 32-minute change capture times, but it is now capturing changes in about 10 seconds each time. It's working as I expect, so I won't be changing anything at this time. Thank you for investigating.

Great Stephen. Please let us know in case you need assistance any time.

Best Regards,
    Harsha.

+ Reply to Thread