Auditing remote server 1971 https://lepide.com
Close
Login to Your Account
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Auditing remote server

Auditing remote server

Hi,

I am currently testing your AD Audit tool.
    I?d like to monitor a remote server that is not part of our domain, but there is not a trust relationship set up either I tried setting up the domain management, with the details of a local account on the remote server, but this would not work.
    Is it possible to monitor a remote server, using local accounts on that server?

Best regards
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Please update is the monitored server a part of domain or not?

Thanks.

Hi Pankaj,

The monitored server is not part of our domain, we only have a local account on that server.

Many thanks
    Andrew

Hi Andrew,

The software can monitor all the server which is a part of a domain but if you want to monitor a remote server which is in the other domain then you can also add that domain in the software for which the remote server is belongs to.

It is not necessary that there is a trust relationship between the two domain you can add multiple domain with in the software from any machine in a network. Just go to domain management-> Add-> use IP for the remote domain -> give the credentials -> OK.You can get separate reports for both the domains.

Thanks

+ Reply to Thread