Not able to install agent on the File Server 5442 https://lepide.com
Close
Login to Your Account
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Not able to install agent on the File Server

Not able to install agent on the File Server

Hi,

My name is Peter and I am using File Server Auditing solution of your company. I am facing one challenge while installing agent on the file server.

It shows Old version agent already installed, however I did rebooted the file server as suggested by one of your engineer with no success. When I hit refresh the agent, it says File Server Unavailable, Access Denied.

Someone, please help me to resolve the issue.

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and thanks for posting your query.

First of all, please make sure that the user which you have used while adding the File Server, must have administrative rights. If the user have the admin rights and still facing the same issue then it might be due to enabled UAC remote restrictions.

To disable the UAC remote restrictions you need to follow the steps mentioned below:

1. It is recommended to first take the backup of the Registry as you have to make some modifications in the Registry. So for the purpose of protection, backup the registry before you modify it.

2. Click on Start, click Run, type regeditand then press Enter.

3. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\CURR ENT VERSION\POLICIES\SYSTEM

4. If the LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy registry entery does not exist, follow these steps:
    a. On the Edit menu, point to New and then click DWORD Value.
    b. Now re-name it as LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and press ENTER.

If this policy does exist then follow from step 5.

5. Right-click on LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy and then click Modify

6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.

7. Exit Registry Editor.

After following the above mentioned steps, now try to install the agent. This will probably resolve the issue.

Thanks.
    Last edited by syed; 07-20-2016 at 10:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread