Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager
Have you ever tried to recover an Exchange server manually? We don’t recommend it. It can be a painful and thankless task.. and thanks to Lepide, also an unnecessary one. Our Exchange Recovery manager is a very powerful, cost effective solution that repairs, restores and recovers even the most problematic Exchange servers. It provides all you need to carry out partial or full brick level restore, repair broken EDB files, extract EDB files from backups, restore OST files, repair corrupt information stores, carry out granular mailbox level repair, recovery and exports and even help you migrate the contents to an alternative Exchange or Office 365 server.
- Repair and restore practically all aspects of your Exchange environment
- Provides powerful search, select, preview and export features
- Helps you migrate to and from Exchange and Office 365
- Requires no agent installation
- Comes with 24x5 support as standard
- Comes in either professional or standard editions
We help you repair, restore and recover your Exchange servers
- Repairs corrupt EDB files in full or in part allowing repair of messages, folders or complete mailboxes
- Restores from EDB, providing a mailbox level backup solution, enabling a simple copy and paste feature for just the items you need to restore.
- Repairs contacts from private and Public Folders along with attachments, notes, tasks, distribution lists, journals and calendars.
- Recovers Offline Exchange 2013 EDB Files with both Unicode and non-Unicode characters
- Restore from OST files should you have instanced of a corrupt backup
- Restore a previously deleted mailbox from an OST file
We convert EDB files to PST files while bypassing the 2GB file size limit
- Converts EDB to PST, while keeping mailbox data in original format
- Converts multiple mailboxes in a single task
- Converts EDB to PST in a live environment without any need for downtime
- Converts EDB to PST bypassing 2GB File size limit
- Simply copy and paste Offline and online EDB into the new PST file
We make it easy to export to EDB to a wide range of file types
- Export EDB to PST, EML, MSG, RTF, TXT and HTML.
- Export to PST with advanced filters based on item types date range, notes, activity, appointment, contact, tasks
- Export deleted mailbox items from offline EDB / live Exchange to PST, flag and colour deleted items in the destination mailbox
- Preview emails, contacts, journals and tasks before carrying out the export
- Search attachments based on time, item type, sizes and extract attachments, either with or without the folder hierarchy
We enable you to search and preview prior to recovery
- E-discovery to help you identify and recover specific mails from multiple backups
- Search all aspects of PST files prior to handling using our preview feature
- Search mailbox items including attachments
- Search across multiple EDB, PST, Office 365 from a single console
- Search based on message subject, message body, message class, message size, importance
- Search messages based on sender or recipient either direct, CC or BCC
- Search based on creation date, delivery date
- Drill down message search capability
- Search only attachments based on time, item type and size
- Save custom searches
We help you migrate mailboxes and Public Folders
- Migrate mailboxes from unmounted EDB to alternative exchange servers
- Migrate mailbox data (including Archive mailboxes) between multiple live exchange servers to and from any version of Exchange
- Migrate Public Folders Cross version or same version, Exchange to Exchange
- Migrate Public Folders from Exchange to Office 365
- Migrate multiple mailboxes from Offline EDB to a Live Exchange servers
We make it easy to extract attachments, EDB files from a variety of sources
- Extracts attachments from messages of any source (Offline EDB, OST, PST)
- Extracts can be stored either with or without hierarchy in a common local folder
- Extracts EDB files from Exchange backup files
- Extracts backups from NT Backup, Symantec, VERITAS, HP backup and CA Arcserve (Incremental/differential)
- Import extracted EDB, remove all of selected items from Exchange Database
- Easily perform full or Partial exchange backups
We enable you to restore from an OST File
There may be times when all you’re left to restore is an OST file – in which case restoration can be a very time consuming and tedious process. Using our OST restore feature we enable you to restore Microsoft Outlook OST files either a new PST file an existing PST file or straight to a live Exchange serverRead more
J. Peter Bruzzese
"I can honestly say I loved this product. Personally, I was the Exchange 5.5/2000 backup/recovery training expert for CommVault Systems back ten years ago and, more recently, completed a backup/recovery course for TrainSignal."
"Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager is a one-stop solution for recovering the corrupted EDB files, migrating from one Exchange to another, moving from offline Exchange server to the online Office 365, and converting emails from one format to another."
"Exchange Recovery Manager is a very powerful tool which can deal with servery corrupted Exchange EDB files and Outlook OST/PST files. Exchange Recovery Manager is able to extract data from EDB files in which the Exchange Information Store service is unable to mount, or PST/OST files which are no longer."
"In these final notes about this review I'm definitely giving two thumbs up for Lepide Exchange Manager or if you prefer the 1 to 5 scale I would definitely give a 4.5 where the product met and exceed my expectations."
"Excellent software, at a great price, it helped us simplifying complicated recovery task, for example: to create RSGs and to run eseutil /p was not necessary!!"
Freddy Luke (Head of IT Operations - Tresmontes Lucchetti S.A)
"It was very easy, just a couple of clicks and we had all the data available in front of us. We could now easily restore the mailboxes."
Ian D’Costa (Group IT Manager - Global Process Systems LLC)
"Without Lepide Exchange Recovery Manager, we likely would not have been able to recover many years of e-mail, which would have caused our employees significant grief and productivity loss."