Active Directory Auditing
We believe that all organizations, irrespective of size, sector or budget, should be able to conduct Active Directory auditing easily. However, the native auditing methods can be both complex and time consuming; testing the patience of even the most experienced Information Technology Auditors and IT Administrators. Multiple issues, including inadequate options for long-term storage of logs, too much noise, duplicate events and the absence of predefined reports, are more than enough to justify an alternative. Our award-winning Active Directory auditing solution provides a scalable means to track configuration changes. We provide answers to the important IT auditing questions; such as “who has made what change, when and from where”, “Who was the last user to access or logoff from the domain controller” and more. We also enable you to see who received administrative privileges or which users used to be admins.
How We Help to Audit Active Directory Changes
Deploying an Active Directory auditing solution, like LepideAuditor, can help you monitor, detect and alert on suspicious or unwanted Active Directory changes. Through a combination of real-time monitoring, pre-defined reports and powerful alerting capabilities, LepideAuditor enables you to get better visibility into Active Directory changes. Here are just some ways in which LepideAuditor can help your business.
- Intuitive Dashboard Auditing is a continuous process that should be performed 24/7. With in-depth change configuration auditing, LepideAuditor offers a 360º Radar Tab, that gives you a bird’s eye view of your whole Active Directory environment. Instantly see a summary of the total number of changes per administrator, per source and even by trend to help you identify change/event anomalies. Easily see critical information about the performance of specified servers to help you identify any potential continuity or performance issues. Our LiveFeed feature enables you to see all changes being made in real time to ensure that you are constantly aware of what’s happening in your critical IT servers.
- Granular Audit Reports We offer a single log for a single change displaying who, what, where and when the changes are made. We then provide this data to you through more than 100 relevant reports to help you address all manner of compliance, security, and IT operations challenges. Each report can be further customized with advanced filtration, searching, sorting, and other auditing functions. You can customize any one of our Active Directory audit reports to track a particular object or operation. You can select reports to be delivered on schedule by email or by saving at a shared location in CSV, MHT, and PDF file formats. The Active Directory audit reports can also be shared with other users through a secure web console. Read more
- Alerts on Critical Changes Half the battle for IT teams is ensuring they understand when things are happening to make relevant decisions as to whether action is required. To address this, we offer two types of alerting mechanisms – one is real-time alerting, which alerts you about critical changes in real-time, and the other is threshold-based alerts, where you can define the threshold limit for every change. For example, we can send you a single alert if 10 similar changes occur in 5 minutes. This helps potentially spot suspicious behaviour or anomalies within the IT environment. The alerts are delivered as emails to selected recipients, as updates to Radar Tab to give you an overall view of the environment, and as notifications to LepideAuditor App.
- Rollback Unwanted Changes From time to time, an unwanted or unplanned change will need to be restored to its original value. For example, a user account may have been modified in error or a Junior Administrator may have deleted an OU. Our rollback feature enables you to reverse changes made in a single click. It restores everything to exactly as it was before the change – including group memberships, attributes, permissions and more. With the option to retrieve the objects from tombstone, our proprietary technology even lets you retrieve objects which are in recycled state or physically deleted on a permanent basis. Read more
- Meeting Compliances Demands LepideAuditor for Active Directory has dedicated predefined reports to meet the IT-related regulations for numerous compliances; including PCI, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FISMA and GDPR. Generate reports that show how your Active Directory environment is adhering to the selected compliance in just a few clicks. These reports can be scheduled to be delivered to selected recipients via email or by saving them at shared locations periodically. Inbuilt, predefined and customized reports allow you to meet other compliance requirements not listed here. Read more
- Mobile AppOur mobile app is designed to work on any Apple or Android device. Whenever a critical change like object deletion, permission delegation, or revoking necessary permissions is detected, you will get real-time or threshold-based notifications on the App. This will give you a simple way to track changes being made to the Active Directory environment whilst on the go. Push-notifications for changes being made will ensure that you get the insight you need, when and where you need it. Read more
Free Whitepaper10 Best Practices for Keeping Active Directory Secure Address key security concerns and prepare for compliance audits with this handy reference guide Download Now
Save time by automating the management of inactive user and computer accounts. Move them to different OU, reset their passwords, disable them or simply delete them.Learn more
Reduce the number of password-related help desk calls by sending automatic email notifications to users with soon-to-expire passwords, allowing them to reset their password on time.Learn more
Keep an eye on the health of your Active Directory and receive real time alerts straight to your inbox for NT Directory services, DNS Servers, Disk space and much more.Learn more
Lepide have been nominated in three categories in the 2018 Computing Security Awards: Cloud-Computing Solution of the Year, Security Solution of the Year and the Customer Service Award.
Computing Security Awards
LepideAuditor is simple to install and setup and is an easy-to-use solution for auditing your IT environment.
LepideAuditor takes the strain out of change auditing and regulatory compliance with one of the most comprehensive solutions on the market.
IT Security Guru
It’s rare to find a solution which covers a such a wide range of auditing services, but ‘LepideAuditor’ is one of those rare exceptions.
Active Directory Lead
LepideAuditor is one of the most simple to use and feature-packed security suite for Microsoft-based environments. If you fear security breach, this is one of the most essential security perimeters.
LepideAuditor is an excellent audit solution. It gives IT teams complete information about what’s happening in the IT systems, the health of their servers and backup history.
The LepideAuditor is an invaluable toolset for any System Admin to audit Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange server changes.
I really enjoyed the way LepideAuditor performs to audit the changes made to Active Directory and Group Policy Objects. I will certainly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an easy-to-use third party auditor.
LepideAuditor is highly recommended as it not only meets all requirements for Active Directory and Group Policy change auditing but also it is easy and friendly to use.
Roberto Di Lello
LepideAuditor is an excellent auditing solution. Some key features of the solution are compliance reports, health monitoring, alerts/notifications and the backup/restore functionality.
LepideAuditor honored as Gold winner in the 12th Annual 2016 Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards® in ‘Auditing’
LepideAuditor is a solid product that will likely do a good job for anyone who wants to know what administrative actions are being taken in their organization.
LepideAuditor received a gold certification in data loss prevention.
❝ LepideAuditor has brilliant search capabilities and was easy to use from the perspective of a non-technical end user – highly recommend it.❞
❝ LepideAuditor provided us with complete visibility over what was happening in our IT environment in a simple, cost-effective and scalable way.❞
❝ We're very pleased with how much more insight LepideAuditor gave us and impressed with the attentive customer service they provided.❞
❝ LepideAuditor takes the strain out of change auditing and regulatory compliance with one of the most comprehensive solutions on the market. ❞
More from Lepide
Data Classification Software: 10 Things You Should Consider
Data Classification can help an organization meet both the legal and regulatory requirements that come with the storing, handling or processing of sensitive data.Learn More ->
How CISOs Can Win Over the Board on Cybersecurity Strategy
In this whitepaper, we have put together a list of tips and tricks to help CISOs communicate effectively with the board on cybersecurity strategy.Learn More ->
Active Directory Self Service 19.0 now has a New User Interface
The new and improved user interface is just one of many new features in version 19.0 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service.Learn More ->