Get visibility over the content of your sensitive files. It automatically scans and classifies data related to PII, PHI and other regulated data.
Track changes to your shared files and folders with granular who, what, when and where information.
Get information on both successful and failed read attempts across your Windows File Servers.
Monitor when your users are copying your files to help maintain security and integrity of data.
Real time alerts, threshold alerts and pre-defined reports for all security and compliance needs.
Determine who has access to which files and folders to help spot over-privileged users and at-risk data.
How to Use Lepide to Audit File Server Changes
for Better Data Security and Compliance
- Persistent Data Classification at the Point of Creation Persistent discovery and data classification of files in File Server allows you to see what sensitive data you have and where data is located. With the widest range of file types for data classification, you can scan, tag, categorize and score your data to ensure you are compliant with industry standards.
- Level-Up Your File Server Auditing Analyze user behavior and spot anomalies in user interactions with data, including single point anomalies, to speed up threat response. Real time alerts, threshold alerts and pre-defined reports for all your file server security and compliance requirements. Unlike other file server auditing tools, we allow you to audit file copy events to better understand when your users are copying files with sensitive data.
- Govern Access to Data and Implement Zero Trust Our combination of data classification and permissions analysis software enables you to determine who has access to files that contain sensitive data and see what changes they are making to them. Our file server auditing solution can identify users with excessive permissions and enables you to reverse unwanted file server permission changes to implement a zero trust policy.
- Easily Meet Compliance Requirements Lepide Auditor addresses the ever-increasing demand to prove to auditors that adequate steps are being taken to ensure data is being responsibly monitored. It provides a wide range of detailed reports that directly map to the common requirements of compliance standards ; such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA, CCPA and GDPR.
- Monitor File Server Changes with an Intuitive Dashboard Our graphical dashboard will enable you to easily track changes occurring across the whole of your File Server environment. It provides you with an easy-to-understand overview of the total number of changes made to File Server; broken down per administrator, source and trend. This should help you not only understand the causes of a single change, but help you spot overall anomalies in events. The performance of your File Server is also tracked and reported on to help you decrease downtime. The LiveFeed shows you all File Server changes made as they are happening so that you can react to them quicker.
- Detect Suspicious Changes and Prepare Quick Incident Response Our File Server Auditing software lets you prepare a quick Incident Response by allowing you to run your own custom script with the alerting of selected critical changes. You can perform automated tasks defined in your script; including disable a user account, delete a user account, revoke the permission granted to a user or shut down a computer. For an example, you can set the solution to delete a user who has deleted multiple files. Yes, you can set to get notifications for both critical changes and script execution.
What We Audit in File Server
- Granular Audit Reports for File Server Changes Our File Server auditing tool displays a single log for a single change that gives you the answers to the “who, what, when and where” auditing questions. This data is collected and presented through predefined audit reports aimed at helping you solve all manner of security, compliance and IT operations challenges. Every change made is displayed with before and after values to provide you with helpful context. You can customize these reports with auditing functions and create dedicated reports to track a specific file, folder, user or operation.
- Audit NetApp Filer Changes Through our software integration with the Fpolicy framework and the assigned file policy, we’re able to capture events to audit and monitor file and folder activity on your NetApp through CIFS. We treat NetApp Filers the same as we would any traditional Windows File Server; auditing all changes to files and folders, share, permissions, and more.
- Track Files and Folders Created, Modified and More Our file auditing tool is a simple way of keeping track of all changes as they happen. The predefined audit reports contain details regarding all attempts of file or folder creation, deletion, copy, move, rename, and other modifications. We also detail the time, drive, folder, file name, process and event. You can track what has happened to a file or folder since its creation, see who has accessed or modified it, and ultimately who has deleted it.
- Analyze the Current Effective Permissions of Shared Files/Folders Current Permission analysis of file servers shows the effective permissions applied on the Shared Folders. Our software compares the applied NTFS with the Share Permissions to analyze the currently effective permission on a selected file or folder. It also displays the scope of the applied permission by showing the folder level where permission inheritance gets broken and whether the effective permission is direct, indirect or inherited. Reports can be filtered, sorted, saved and investigated for all 13 possible permissions.
- Analyze Historical Permission Changes of Your Files/Folders Our File Server auditing software analyzes Historical File Server permissions for Windows File System. You can view the list of all historical permissions for a selected file and folder. The administrator can also compare the permissions for the selected file or folder between two specified time intervals. You can save separate reports for both "Permission History" and "Compare Permission" in PDF, MHT or CSV formats on the disk. It also displays the scope of the permission changes.
- We Let You Use Wildcards to Audit Potentially Sensitive Data Our intelligent filters let you use “*” (asterisk) and “?” (question mark) to drill-down the audit reports and focus on the changes made to files and folders containing these characters in names, paths, usernames or other audit details. A common use case may be to search for all files where the filename contains the word ‘confidential’. You can then easily save this search in a PDF, CSV or MHT file. You can also use these wildcards to send the real-time alerts for changes made to for sensitive data.
Our Success Stories
Lepide is straightforward to use and effective right off the bat. Plus, the level of patience, attentiveness and technical knowhow is far beyond most support and sales teams I’ve seen before.Drayke Jackson Security Engineer
We chose Lepide as they were able to offer us threat detection and response, and a way of separating out reporting duties to a web console – all from one platform.Kevin Gallagher Senior Systems Administrator
Lepide is a perfect fit for our IT Security and Compliance requirements. It helps us cut out a lot of wasted time and money and now we know we can be compliant with industry standards.Agnel Dsilva Information Technology Administrator