File Server Auditing
Data is everything when it comes to IT security and, at Lepide, we’re all about securing the File Server data. Ensuring you have adequate File Server auditing and monitoring tools in place is more important than ever before. We believe all organizations should instantly be able to see ‘who, what, where and when’ files and folders are created, accessed, modified, copied or deleted at the click of a button. We also think it’s essential that organizations are easily able to track and compare permissions across their data. Lepide's File Server auditing solution addresses the challenges of the rise of the insider-threat and the reporting requirements associated with common regulatory compliance mandates. We give IT teams the power to see more, faster. Our solution is specifically designed to work on Windows File Server and NetApp Filers. LepideAuditor for File Server is available standalone or as a part our comprehensive LepideAuditor.
How We Help to Audit File Server Changes
Deploying an File Server auditing solution, like LepideAuditor, helps you get more visibility into the changes taking place to your critical data stored in your File Servers. Real-time alerting, pre-defined reports and powerful File Server auditing capabilities, enable you to get a better understanding of user behaviour surrounding your data. Here are just some ways in which LepideAuditor for File Server can help your business.
- Intuitive Dashboard Our graphical dashboard will enable you to easily track changes occurring across the whole of your File Server environment. It provides you with an easy-to-understand overview of the total number of changes made to File Server; broken down per administrator, source and trend. This should help you not only understand the causes of a single change, but help you spot overall anomalies in events. The performance of your File Server is also tracked and reported on to help you decrease downtime. The LiveFeed shows you all File Server changes made as they are happening so that you can react to them quicker.
- Granular Audit Reports LepideAuditor displays a single log for a single change that gives you the answers to the “who, what, when and where” auditing questions. This data is collected and presented through predefined audit reports aimed at helping you solve all manner of security, compliance and IT operations challenges. Every change made is displayed with before and after values to provide you with helpful context. You can customize these reports with auditing functions and create dedicated reports to track a specific file, folder, user or operation. Reports are delivered via email at user-defined intervals through email or by saving at a shared location in either CSV, MHT or PDF formats. These File Server audit reports can be shared via a secure web console.
- Alerts on Critical Changes The earlier you can react to File Server changes, the easier it is to mitigate the damage that can occur. To do this, LepideAuditor offers real time alerts based on a single event or based on threshold conditions that have been defined by the user. For example, we can set an alert to be sent to the intended recipients if an event occurs a certain number of times over a defined period of time. This kind of alerting enables you to spot trends in changes that may be indicative of unauthorized or inappropriate activity.
- Meeting Compliances Demands A common driver for installing a solution such as LepideAuditor is regulatory compliance. Our solution addresses the ever-increasing demand to prove to auditors that adequate steps are being taken to ensure data is being responsibly monitored. It provides a wide range of detailed reports that directly map to the common requirements of compliance standards; such as PCI, SOX, HIPAA, GLBA, FISMA and GDPR. Read more
- Mobile AppLepideAuditor comes with a free mobile app that has been specifically designed to help you track File Server changes on the go. It sends push-notifications for file or folder deleted, file or folder created, creation failed, access attempts made to critical files and folders, permission modifications and much more. You can get these notifications either in real-time or whenever they reach a threshold limit. Read more
Lepide have been nominated in three categories in the 2018 Computing Security Awards: Cloud-Computing Solution of the Year, Security Solution of the Year and the Customer Service Award.
Computing Security Awards
LepideAuditor is simple to install and setup and is an easy-to-use solution for auditing your IT environment.
LepideAuditor takes the strain out of change auditing and regulatory compliance with one of the most comprehensive solutions on the market.
IT Security Guru
It’s rare to find a solution which covers a such a wide range of auditing services, but ‘LepideAuditor’ is one of those rare exceptions.
Active Directory Lead
LepideAuditor is one of the most simple to use and feature-packed security suite for Microsoft-based environments. If you fear security breach, this is one of the most essential security perimeters.
LepideAuditor is an excellent audit solution. It gives IT teams complete information about what’s happening in the IT systems, the health of their servers and backup history.
The LepideAuditor is an invaluable toolset for any System Admin to audit Active Directory, Group Policy and Exchange server changes.
I really enjoyed the way LepideAuditor performs to audit the changes made to Active Directory and Group Policy Objects. I will certainly recommend it to anyone who is looking for an easy-to-use third party auditor.
LepideAuditor is highly recommended as it not only meets all requirements for Active Directory and Group Policy change auditing but also it is easy and friendly to use.
Roberto Di Lello
LepideAuditor is an excellent auditing solution. Some key features of the solution are compliance reports, health monitoring, alerts/notifications and the backup/restore functionality.
LepideAuditor honored as Gold winner in the 12th Annual 2016 Info Security PG’s Global Excellence Awards® in ‘Auditing’
LepideAuditor is a solid product that will likely do a good job for anyone who wants to know what administrative actions are being taken in their organization.
LepideAuditor received a gold certification in data loss prevention.
❝ LepideAuditor has brilliant search capabilities and was easy to use from the perspective of a non-technical end user – highly recommend it.❞
❝ LepideAuditor provided us with complete visibility over what was happening in our IT environment in a simple, cost-effective and scalable way.❞
❝ We're very pleased with how much more insight LepideAuditor gave us and impressed with the attentive customer service they provided.❞
❝ LepideAuditor takes the strain out of change auditing and regulatory compliance with one of the most comprehensive solutions on the market. ❞
More from Lepide
8 Key Data Security Trends to Watch Out For in 2019
It’s that time of year again where we give you a little peak into what our security specialists believe will be the dominant data security trends in 2019.Learn More ->
Popular Cyber Attack Methods and How to Mitigate Them
This White Paper will go through some of the most popular cyber-attack methods attackers are using and the steps you can take to mitigate the risks of you falling victim to them.Learn More ->
LepideAuditor 18.7 – Analyze Your Excessive Permissions
The latest version of the award-winning LepideAuditor now enables you to analyze users and objects with excessive permissions to help you avoid privilege abuse.Learn More ->
Lepide® is a registered trademark of Lepide Software Private Limited. © Copyright 2018 Lepide Software Private Limited. All trademarks acknowledged.