In this blog I will discuss some of the common problems facing IT teams today and how 10 of the most useful reports in Lepide Data Security Platform can help you overcome them. Lepide Data Security Platform is a simple, cost-effective and scalable solution to auditing Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server, SharePoint, SQL Server, and File Server. It also allows you to manage User Password Expiration Reminders, clean-up Active Directory and perform Permission Analysis. It provides a wide range of predefined Audit and Compliance Reports divided into the following categories:
- Audit Reports for – SQL Server, SharePoint Server, Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, Exchange Server, File Servers, All Environment Changes and Console Auditing
- Compliance Reports for – FISMA, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI, SAS and SOX
In this section we will take you through 10 of the most useful reports that could help you streamline your IT environment.
Top 10 Reports
1. User Status Reports – A common challenge for IT teams is keeping track of user account modifications and statuses. Lepide Data Security Platform provides detailed reports about users with modified status; such as enabled, disabled, locked, or unlocked.
2. Logon/Logoff Reports – Keeping track of user account activity – such as successful and failed logon attempts – is important for IT teams. This report provides detailed information on computer and Domain Controllers activity and has the following information:
|Successful User Logon/Logoff||It shows all direct logon and logoff attempts performed on all computers in a domain.|
|Failed Logon||It shows all failed logon attempts occurring within the domain.|
|Domain Controller Logon/Logoff||It shows all logon/logoff activities performed by users on the domain controllers.|
|User Logged on Multiple Computers||It shows the list of users logged on at more than one computer.|
3. Security Group Modifications – IT teams need to know if a rogue user makes modifications to the security groups. This report keeps you aware of all these modifications to bolster your security.
4. All Permissions to an Object – One challenge facing IT teams today is being able to audit and monitor who has which permissions to a certain object. This is important to make sure that users only have access to objects that they are permitted to. This report will allow you to view all current permissions associated to an object.
5. Permission Comparison of an Object – It is important to know who has what permissions at any one time but sometimes you will need to know what permissions have changed. This report shows the comparison of permissions of an object between two specified dates.
6. File/Folder Permissions Modified – When a file or folder permission gets modified it is imperative that you are made aware as quickly as possible. This report gives you complete visibility of when changes to file/folder permissions are made and who made them.
7. Users with soon to expire passwords – Keeping track of user accounts can be laborious and time-consuming. This report helps you easily identify those users with passwords soon to expire.
8. Inactive Accounts – It is very important for IT teams to keep track of active users and computers – and this can be very difficult. When employees leave the business and their accounts/computers become inactive, this report enables you to see them.
9. File Copied – Keeping track of when files are copied is essential to prevent data leakage and security breaches. This report gives you a simple means of seeing when files and folders are being copied.
10. Mailbox Accessed by Non-Owner – If your mailbox is accessed by a non-user this report will provides you with detailed information about what exactly is happening.
Lepide Data Security Platform offers over 300 reports – including those mentioned in this article – to help with security systems management and compliance. They are designed to simplify important tasks that IT teams are under pressure to perform.