Below is a list of the new features added in version 21.1 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service:
- Change Password at Next Logon: Admins will now be able to enable the Change Password at Next Logon feature via a check box to help implement password policies.
- License Handler for Disabled Users: A new link has been added in the solution for disabled users. You can now remove all disabled users from the enrolment table either manually or by a schedule.
- Email Contents Modification: The contents of the emails that are sent to end users when they perform any actions within ADSS can now be modified from the GUI and from the property file.
- Enable/Disable the Unlock Link: You can now set whether the unlock link is visible on the login page via a check box.
Improvements and enhancements have also been made to the user interface of the solution.
Automatically Block Compromised User Accounts with Active Directory Self Service 20.1
With the latest update of Active Directory Self Service (ADSS) 20.1, administrators can now block users that enter multiple incorrect passwords for a specified period of time; potentially preventing brute force attacks or compromised user accounts from authenticating.
Administrators can specify when the user is unblocked and can also unblock a user manually to prevent unnecessary downtime and disruption.
In addition to this new security feature, ADSS now supports a connection to LDAPS (which Lepide recommends always be configured), multifactor authentication, a newly designed user interface, and a multi-layer security structure.
For a full list of updates and enhancements in ADSS 20.1, read our release history.
Active Directory Self Service 19.0 Introduces a New and Improved User Interface
Lepide Active Directory Self Service 19.0 includes the following new additions/enhancements:
- The first 5 digits of phone numbers will now be replaced with '*'.
- Supervisors can be assigned OUs in order to change the password of the users that lie in those OUs.
- An option is now provided in the policy to automatically enroll all users of the selected OUs.
- There is now an option to change the password used to login to the Admin portal.
- There is now an option to enter multiple email address for two factor authentication (2FA) when changing password.
- The user interface has been updated.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service 18.1 Now Offers Advanced Search Capabilities
The new search option in version 18.1 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service enables you to search for any user in your domain:
- Search by user name or email address
- Search across multiple domains
- Generate important account information, including Account Name, Phone Number and Organizational Unit
- Get a list of disabled users in your domain
Lepide launches Active Directory Self Service 18.0, now with automated script execution.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service 18.0 now includes the following new features:
- Administrators can now prevent specific Active Directory users from accessing Lepide Active Directory Self Service.
- You can also block selected IP Addresses so that specific machines and devices cannot access Lepide Active Directory Self Service.
- In addition to the existing options (GSM Modem and SMS Gateway), the solution now enables you to add a “Custom Script” in “SMS Server Settings”. You can use your executable file to send a one-time password through SMS (text messages) for enrollment, password reset, and unlock accounts.
- Minor bug fixes.
Lepide launches Lepide Active Directory Self Service 17.0 with the following new additions.
- Enrollment Notifications through a dialog box can now be displayed to un-enrolled users just after their logon on any client computer in the domain on which the enrollment policy has been applied.
- General Settings for both the Admin Console and User Console have been added. Currently, it lets the administrator select the format of date and time that will be displayed in both consoles.
- Java SE Development Kit 8 has been integrated into the new version to offer the latest security features.
Following is a list of enhancements in this new version:
- An issue that was coming because of Usernames can now include special characters.
- Answers to two or more security questions (required to reset an LADSS user password) cannot be same.
- Minor bug fixes
Release of Lepide Active Directory Self Service Version 16.2
Today, Lepide announces the release of version 16.2 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service – a self-service password reset and account unlock solution. The latest version comes with new features and additions aimed at enhancing the user experience. These include:
- Office 365 account passwords can now be synced with Lepide Active Directory Self Service along with existing Google Apps and IBM AS400 accounts.
- SMS Gateway has been included along with existing GSM modem to send notifications and OTP to users through SMS.
- A new automated tool for CSR generation has been introduced to ease off the SSL configuration process.
- For remote GINA/CP agent installation, administrators need to provide admin credentials of the local system where the software is installed for authentication prior to installation.
- Users are now automatic redirected from HTTP to HTTPS while using SSL security.
- Internet Explorer 8.0 support has been disabled. Users may face GUI or functional issues while using this redundant version.
- Minor bug fixes
Lepide Active Directory Self Service Version 16.1 Released
Lepide Active Directory Self Service 16.1 has been released with a couple of new features. These include:
- Notification emails to users whenever their password is reset or whenever their account is unlocked to inform them and to keep a record of it.
- The ability for users to synchronize their passwords for two more applications, for IBM AS400 and Google Apps.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service Version 16.0 Released
Lepide announces the release of a new version 16.0 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service – a proficient self-service password reset and account unlock solution. The latest version comes with various internal updates and bug fixes which makes the user experience better than ever. The major updates featured in this version are:
- Active Directory users now get internally authenticated through their GUID rather than username. This change rules out the previous enrollment issues due to lack of a unique authentication criteria.
- Dual account display problem has been solved at CP machines which used to display duplicate account during remote desktop connections.
- Dual login issue (due to dual account) during remote desktop connections has also been resolved at CP machines.
- Problem resolved with Reset Password/Unlock Account link where, while performing self-service activities through the logon screen, any random folder would be opened instead of opening the default web browser with reset link.
- GINA/CP support has been extended across all desktop and server versions of Windows right from Windows Server 2003 to Windows 10.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service 15.1 launched
Lepide announces the release of a new version 15.1 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service (LADSS) – an easy solution to let end users securely perform self-service activities such as password reset, account unlock and updating their Active Directory attributes. The enhanced features in this version are:
- Software settings are now policy based rather than domain based with settings applied upon the selected policy rather than on a domain.
- Introduction of Multifactor Authentication via Q&A and OTP. End users can validate self-service actions through both or either of them as per administrative settings.
- OTP validation happens in real-time, making the tool even safer to use. SMS server settings section included to generate OTP.
- Option to download CSV file with the proper format (as per the selected policy) makes the bulk enrollment process more user friendly.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service 15.0 launched
Lepide today launched the upgraded version 15.0 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service. This new version has the following new additions.
- Remote installation of GINA/CP agents has been added.
- An administrator can use the Configuration tab of the Admin Console to install or uninstall the GINA/CP agents.
- Add computers and select them to install or uninstall the agents.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service version 14.12 launched
Lepide announces the release of a new version 14.12 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service (LADSS) - a complete solution for performing a number of self-service activities such as password resets, account unlock and updating their Active Directory attributes. New features in this version are:
- Introduction of CAPTCHA based login for admin and user login, unlock account, and reset password operations.
- Enhanced GUI with better graphics and more user-friendly layout.
- Minor bug fixes to provide more stable platform.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service version 14.11 launched
Lepide announces the release of a new version 14.11 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service - a simple solution allowing end users to reset password, unlock account from logon screen and update their Active Directory attributes. New features in this version are:
- Introduction of a totally new GUI with better graphics and an intuitive layout.
- Minor bug fixes for uninterrupted service and swift workflow.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service version 14.06.01 launched
Lepide launched an enhanced version of Lepide Active Directory Self Service with enhanced features and functionalities. LADSS version 14.06.01 incorporates these enhancements:
- Integration of GINA to allow users to unlock account or reset password directly from the login (ALT+CTRL+DEL) screen.
- Added facility to send notifications to users for bulk enrollment, user enrollment and password expiration.
- A new report, 'Change Password' has been included in Audit Reports section.
- All reports can be scheduled and sorted as required.
- Administrators can now select which self information fields can be updated by the users on their own in AD.
- A separate admin and user login window has been introduced.
- Integration of Dashboard to give quick domain-wise overview of AD user status and software activities.
- Added facility to backup and restore configurations and settings.
- Enhanced GUI for simplified navigation.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service version 12.09.01 launched
Lepide announces release of version 12.09.01 of Lepide Active Directory Self Service - a proficient solution to take care of end users' tasks in Active Directory such as password reset, account unlock and users' information update. New features in the latest version are:
- SSL support for creating a secure environment to work in.
- Improved GUI rebranding facility with more customizable features.
LADSS Updates for Version 11.12.01
Lepide provider of enterprise level network management, server management and IT management solution has launched a new version (11.12.01) of Lepide Active Directory Self Service - a powerful web-based tool that allows end-users to manage their tasks on their own. Features additions in latest version are:
- Option of GUI rebranding.
- Better options to manage predefined questions as Admins can now add new questions and also edit earlier added questions.
- Mark as mandatory any of the predefined questions.
- Option for Admins to determine whether users need to answer predefined questions, user-defined questions or both.
- Easy mail server settings as now application can fetch mail server name and sender email address on its own.
- 'Next login password change' feature that makes it mandatory for end-users to change their password at next login.
- Apply default policy for domains.
- Keep old database to retain settings while installing new version.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service Tool Launched
Lepide announces launch of Lepide Active Directory Self Service - a proficient solution to manage end users' tasks in Active Directory with ease. This secure and web-based product allows end-users to perform a number of tasks such as update personal information in Active Directory, reset password, and unlock their accounts on their own without taking help of Administrators. It not only allows Admins to delegate many of the time consuming and regular tasks to end-users but also automates a number of activities that otherwise need to be performed by Admins themselves. For example, Account unlock and password reset are common activities that come in huge volume and almost regularly; Admins can automate these tasks and perform other more important and high-value works. Features of Lepide Active Directory Self Service.
- Allows end-users to reset their password through any web-browser without taking help of Admins.
- End-users can unlock their accounts from any remote system through any web-browser without taking helps of Admins.
- Using this tool, end-users can keep their personal information updated in Windows Active Directory through their own system or any other system in Active Directory.
- End-users can also authorize their co-workers for password reset, in case they don't have access to any system.
- Account unlock is another activity that can be given to co-workers to perform on behalf of concerned employee.
- Administrators can configure setting to unlock all locked Accounts at their specified time.
- Administrators can configure setting to reset passwords of all users at their specified time.
- Ensures security and privacy of users' accounts by implementing users' identity verification process, where end-users need to confirm their identity before performing any changes.
- Generates informative reports that keeps Admins updated about all changes such as password reset, account unlock, and information update.
Benefits of Lepide Active Directory Self Service
Benefits for the System Admin:
- Saves time and effort by allowing them to configure auto password reset and auto account unlock settings.
- Offers a web-based interface through which employees' password and personal information can be updated.
- Reduces their burden by automating or delegating regular tasks such as password reset, account unlock, and information update.
- Generates reports that give information about self information update, password reset, and account unlock information of all end-users.
- Mass emails can be sent to all end-users to convey any administrative message.
Benefits for the Employees (End-users):
- Self-password resets, self-account unlock, and self-information update is made possible by software for end-users.
- End-Users can access and update their personal information in Active Directory from anywhere.
- Saves time that is wasted in waiting for Admins to unlock accounts and reset passwords.
- Employees can keep their information updated without relying on anyone for the same.
- Co-workers can be authorized to perform password reset, account unlock, and information update.
Benefits for Organization:
- Lepide Active Directory Self Service helps reducing costs related to helpdesk calls and tickets raised for requests such as password reset, account unlock, and information update.
- Improves employee productivity by saving time in performing aforementioned activities.
- Increase Return in Investment (ROI).