Self-service activities and users' accounts status reports
LADSS provides an extensive reporting platform which gives vivid details about every action performed with the software, user status in AD and enrollment status. Every report features a search section which allows you to look for specific details. Reports can be exported in CSV, PDF and HTML formats and saved at preferred location. The reports generated by LADSS can be broadly divided into following categories: General Reports, Audit Reports & Enrollment Reports
General reports provide the administrator with information such as how many users' accounts are locked out in the selected domain, passwords of how many users' are expired in the selected domain, and so on. To generate General Reports, you first need to select the domain for which you want to generate the report. The various reports under this section are listed below:
- Locked Out Users: It provides details regarding those users whose account has got locked.
- Soon-to-Expire Password Users: Details about those users whose account is likely to expire in coming days. The number of days for which details are required can be specified.
- Password Expired Users: It provides details regarding those users whose password has already expired.
Even though LADSS allows end-users to perform self-password reset, self-account unlock, and self-information update; keeping an eye on who has performed which operation is must from the administrative and security point-of-view. The administrator must have updated information on the operations performed by various end-users using LADSS; therefore, Audit Reports are added in the software. Audit Reports in LADSS include:
- Reset Password Audit Report: Provides list of the users' who have reset their password within the specified time.
- Self Update Audit Report: Provides a list of the users who have updated their information in Windows Active Directory within the specified time.
- Unlock Account Audit Report: Enlists the users' who have unlocked their locked out accounts within the time specified by the administrator while generating this report.
- Change Password Audit Report: Provides a list of the users who have changed their password within the specified time.
Enrollment reports provide data regarding those users who are enrolled with the software and those who are not. The domain and OUs for which report is to be generated needs to be selected. Following reports are listed under this section.
- Enrolled Users: It provides the list of those users who are enrolled with LADSS. Users who have been enrolled but later on deleted from AD are listed specifically. Such users’ SAMAccount Name is displayed with an additional text 'Deleted from AD' for easier identification. Also, users enrolled with LADSS can be deleted from here.
- Un-Enrolled Users: It provides the list of those users who are not enrolled with LADSS.
"Lepide Active Directory Self Service is an effective solution to automate user account unlock and password reset activities. Multitude features, ease of execution and real-time security through OTP; makes it a must have tool for everyone who wants to simplify Active Directory self-service management."
(Editor at itsmdaily.com)
"I am really impressed with Active Directory Self Service from Lepide. Before review I thought that it’s another Self Service Solution which is complicated to use, requires installation manual and is very expensive."
"The tool is very user friendly, ideal for corporate environment and easy to implement for the IT staff requiring minimal hardware resources to run. Organizations with a high number of helpdesk tickets opened for password reset and account locked issues will take a big benefit with this solution."