Lepide, today released a report revealing the risks that face data security in enterprises today. The report, 2020 State of Data Security Report from Lepide, found that enterprises lack fundamental visibility into how their stored, accessed and modified, in particular when it comes to their most sensitive data.
The report was based on more than 500 Risk Analysis Reports conducted by Lepide over the course of 2019, on organizations with over 1,000 employees.
Some of the findings from the report include:
- 71% of companies have over 1,600 file server modifications made every day.
- 44% of companies have over 100,000 failed logons every day.
- 71% of companies have over 1,000 inactive users.
- 31% of companies have over 1,000 users with passwords that never expire.
- 91% of companies have over 1,000 “stale”, sensitive files.
- 77% of companies have over 5,000 “stale”, sensitive files.
“This report confirms what we have been seeing for years with enterprises of all sizes,” says Aidan Simister, CEO of Lepide. “All too often organizations have struggled to determine where their sensitive data is, who has access to it and what their users are doing with it. Native tools do not provide this insight and many vendors are far too expensive or too complicated to effectively deploy and gleam useful insights from.
Lepide provides free Data Risk Analysis Reports that allow organizations to determine where their sensitive data is, how much of it is at risk, and provides real steps towards achieving better data security and compliance. Please get in touch if you would like to know more about how we can help you keep your data secure.