An administrator is also a human being. He also needs rest and at times he has gone for vacations, organization tasks another employee to manage his work. At that time, managing several requests for password reset along with doing various other tasks becomes very challenging and tedious. There comes a need of automatic password reset software that can automatically reset the users' account passwords.
Lepide Active Directory Self Service (LADSS) is an effective self-service tool that enables the administrator to schedule automatic password reset. Once the administrator has done scheduling automatic password reset, passwords of all users registered with the LADSS software will be reset to another customized password specified by the administrator. Furthermore, the software informs the users about the changed password so that they can remember it for the next login. Scheduling LADSS software for automatic password reset is simply a two-step process:
While scheduling automatic password reset using LADSS software, the administrator can configure the following properties:
- Daily: Will reset password daily.
- Every Week: Will reset password every week.
- Every Month: Will reset password every month.
Benefits of Automatic Password Reset Feature of the Software
Automatic Password reset feature offers the following benefits:
- Enhanced security: Automatic password resets are usually performed to maintain the intricacy of security which in turn is always beneficial to organizations. Safety of important passwords is considered highly important in the organizations as password known to other users may hamper the security. Hence, scheduled password resets often serves well for enhanced security.
- Auto-reset password value: Password value is the default value which will be set in case automatic reset domain user password is allowed. Administrator resets password to this default password value while configuring automatic password reset which can be same as "logon name" or "abcde."
- Notifying user of auto-reset password: The automatic password reset is notified to all the users beforehand by the administrator in the form of notification email, which is sent to all the users of the domain. This forewarning of password reset minimizes the possibilities of account unlocks and password loss issues thereby saving large amount of time and adding the same to the productivity.