Group Policy Auditing Software
Given the risks associated with Group Policy changes, we think it’s important that organizations have a structured and proactive approach to Group Policy auditing. We’ve made it easy to instantly see who, what, where and when changes are made, and even allow you to roll back the entire Group Policy Object to its previous ideal state. It comes with more than 40 predefined Group Policy audit reports and real-time alerts that make light work of what would otherwise be a very manual process.
Get detailed information on the changes taking place to Group Policy Objects with who, what, when and where values.
Report on the current state of Group Policy Objects and their settings to quickly spot deviations from the norm.
Respond to Group Policy changes as they happen with either real time or threshold based alerts.
Pre-defined reports for common security and compliance concerns, including PCI, HIPAA, GDPR, CCPA, SOX and more.
Overcome the limitations of native auditing and get the information you need quickly and easily.
Automate the execution of custom scripts to take action when a specific alert is generated.
How Lepide Helps Audit Group Policy Changes
Our Group Policy auditing solution can help you monitor every change made to your Group Policy objects in real time. You can easily track any changes made to security setting policies, password policies, software restriction policies and much more with their before and after values.
- Monitor GPO Changes with an Intuitive Dashboard Overcome the limitations of native auditing by getting increased visibility into the most important changes taking place to your Active Directory permissions and configurations. Get who, what, when and where information for all changes made. use this information, and the information from our real time alerts and pre-defined reports, to inform your response and react quickly to any potential insider threat.
- Easily Meet Compliance Demands Concerned about meeting compliance mandates? Our auditing solution offers numerous inbuilt reports dedicated to helping you satisfy multiple compliance mandates, including HIPAA, PCI, FISMA, GLBA, SOX, GDPR and more. Specific predefined reports for Group Policies are also included in the solution to enable you to satisfy these difficult mandates quickly and easily. Read more
- Granular Audit Reports for Group Policy Changes We keep track of all Group Policy changes as they happen, showing you all changes made to specific policies, links, states and more. We offer a single log for a single change displaying simply who, what, where and when the changes were made. We then provide this data through over 40 Group Policy audit reports to help you address all manner of security, IT operations and compliance challenges. All of our reports are easy to search, filter, customize and save as needed. You can customize any of the modification reports to focus only on specific policies or operations. These reports can be saved on the disk and delivered at scheduled intervals through email or by saving at a shared location in CSV, PDF or MHT formats. You can also delegate access to selected reports and users through a secured Web Console. Read more
- Roll Back Unwanted Group Policy ChangesIt’s inevitable that at some point a change will occur within your Group Policy that you did not intend for or want. Using our solution, we enable you to instantly restore an entire Group Policy Object to a previous ideal state whilst leaving all other Group Policy Objects intact. This feature lets you maintain the security of your IT environment. Read more
- Prepare an Incident Response MechanismAt Lepide, we know the cost of an unwanted change made in the Group Policies. Such changes have to be detected and reversed before it is too late. The inbuilt alerting mechanism lets you execute your own custom script to perform any automated action. For example, if a software restriction policy has been changed, you can execute a script to re-enable it or you can disable the user who has changed it. The inbuilt Object Restoration feature lets you restore the entire Group Policy Object to a previous ideal state.
- See Both the Before and After Values of ChangesNaturally, you need to know whether a Group Policy has changed, but the real value comes from the context. Our solution shows you the before and after values for every change to improve the level of detail in every report. This will help enable IT teams to make quicker decisions and resolve IT issues faster through improved systems management.
What Group Policy Changes We Audit
- Track All Modifications Made to Group Policy Objects Our solution enables you to track all modifications made to Group Policies such as created, deleted, modified, renamed, linked and more. Whether a group policy is applicable only an organizational unit or entire domain, we help you audit it. The audit data is displayed in the predefined audit reports, which you can create a long-trail of the changes to identify the anomalies in the modification trend. Read more
- See Changes Made in Security Setting Policies Security group policies include the policies for IP security, network settings, auditing, registry, wireless networking, event log and more. These policies come in handy to ensure the security settings in the IT environment. Any unwanted or unplanned change can damage the IT security of the organization. Lepide Group Policy Auditor lets you undo such changes over time with its real-time detection and alert mechanism.
- See All Changes in Password Policies Numerous password policies are enabled and configured to maintain IT security. Any unwanted changes in such policies can lead to a security breach. Lepide Group Policy Auditor tracks such changes, records them, shows them in audit reports and generates real-time alerts to notify you before it is too late.
- Audit Changes in Software Restriction Policies Software restriction policies are used to block users from installing unwanted software applications; including ransomware or malware. If any such policy is modified, the chances for installation of unwanted applications, especially a malware, are increased greatly. Our Group Policy Auditor tracks all changes made to software restriction policies and notifies you in real time.
- See the State of Group Policy Objects on any Selected DateLepide GPO Auditor periodically captures backup snapshots to save the state of Group Policy Objects. In addition to restoring entire Group Policy Objects, our solution also generates reports to show the state of Group Policies on selected dates. It shows a historical view of common settings, delegation settings, values, link status and other information regarding the group policies.
- Securely Delegate the Viewing of Audit ReportsTo allow for separation of duties, we also enable IT teams to determine which reports could be delegated to which users. The administrator can create accounts for different users, who will then be able to logon at a secured based Web Console to view their authorized set of reports. No reports other than delegated ones will be displayed.
Our Success Stories
Lepide is straightforward to use and effective right off the bat. Plus, the level of patience, attentiveness and technical knowhow is far beyond most support and sales teams I’ve seen before.Drayke Jackson Security Engineer
We chose Lepide as they were able to offer us threat detection and response, and a way of separating out reporting duties to a web console – all from one platform.Kevin Gallagher Senior Systems Administrator
Lepide is a perfect fit for our IT Security and Compliance requirements. It helps us cut out a lot of wasted time and money and now we know we can be compliant with industry standards.Agnel Dsilva Information Technology Administrator