Lepide Data Security Platform 23.1 Release Notes
In version 23.1 of the Lepide Data Security Platform, the following new features and reports have been introduced:
Main On-Premises Console
- Permissions Analysis for SharePoint Online: Permissions analysis for SharePoint Online now has the same depth of analysis as it does for File Servers. In SharePoint Online, it is now possible to see where the permissions are coming from and whether they are being assigned directly, indirectly or through group membership in Azure AD.
- Deprecation by Microsoft of Exchange Web Services and PowerShell: For Exchange Online email classification, we were using Exchange Web Services (EWS) to read and classify content. Microsoft has announced that EWS will retire soon. We are therefore introducing Graph API from Microsoft to perform the exchange online email classification.
- Alerting capability for changes made by the same user in Threat Models: In threshold alerting, we have introduced an option to trigger alerts for when the changes are made by the same user. For example, if 100 users copy 1 file each in a second that might not be a threat but if a single user copies 100 files in a second that indicates be a real threat.
- Azure File Storage: We can now audit Azure File Storage if the storage is synced with an on-premise file server.
- Data Retention Archiving improvements: This release improves archive speed and disk space management for SQL databases.
- Automatically add newly created shares for permission scanning and DDC: Previously in permissions and data classification when you created a profile with all shares, it scanned all shares that existed at the time of profile creation but did not include any newly created shares. Now, if new shares are created then they are automatically added for scanning.
- Improvement of the Open Share utility: The Open Share utility now has improved performance.
- Permission scanning improvement: In a large environment where there were a large number of shares, and Active Directory users and groups, the performance of scanning was slow. Now the scan speed has been improved and report generation includes new logic to work more efficiently with these larger environments.
- Azure AD audit enhancement: This release increases the number of operations that will be captured and displayed in Azure AD reports.
- 64 bit exe for LepideSSAPro.exe for SQL auditing: The 32 bit application we were using to audit SQL server had a memory constraint. We are now using a 64 bit application which means we can use more memory if required.
- Non-Owner Mailbox Auditing fix for Exchange Server 2019: In this release we are now able to audit non owner mailbox activity for Exchange Server 2019.
- Stale data reporting for SharePoint Online: Stale data for SharePoint Online was not being shown. In this release we are showing stale data in SharePoint Online permission reports.
- Option for sending alert only when the changes are made by the same user in the Active Directory Threat Models: A new option has been added to send an alert only when the changes are made by the same user in the Active Directory Threat Models.
- Index based E-Discovery: This release includes index-based searching to speed up DSAR request searching. Once all data is indexed, it will display results more quickly than before allowing customers to process many DSAR requests over a short time frame.
- Subscription Template: The previous release included reports but there was no option to subscribe to them. In this release a mechanism has been added so that reports can be subscribed to on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Change alert support for Web Console reports: The previous release included Threat Models for generating alerts but, in this release, the end user will also be able to create alerts for both change reports and custom reports.
- Permissions reports: The following permissions reports are now included in the web console:
- Open Shares
- Permissions By Mailbox
- Permissions By SharePoint Object
- Permissions By OneDrive Object
- Permissions By User
- Excessive Permissions by User
- Permissions By object
- Excessive Permissions by object
- Anomaly Analysis
- Alert Summary
- External Data Sharing O365
- All Shares
- All reports are now available in the web console: Some of the predefined reports included in the main console were not available in the web console. In this release we have added a total of 236 reports to the web console.
- Multiple domain support in the web console: Some customers have more than one domain. Previously they could add single domain users only for delegation. This release enables them to add users from multiple domains.
- Web console vulnerabilities with PHP 7: Previous versions used an older version of PHP which was generating vulnerabilities. In this release we have upgraded PHP to the latest version.
- A OneDrive report node is now available under the Office 365 tree: In previous releases it was necessary to use the All Environment Changes Report to see changes in OneDrive. In this release we have created a separate report for OneDrive.
Bug fixes and improvements were made to the Main and Web Console where required.
Lepide Data Security Platform 22.1 Release Notes
In version 22.1 of the Lepide Data Security Platform, the following new features and reports have been introduced:
- New Web Console: Create reports with the exact data needed to solve specific challenges. Interrogate data with custom filters, grouping and column selection. Quickly save and access reports from the “My Lepide” section. Share reports and dashboards with team members quickly and easily through full delegation.
- eDiscovery: Perform Data Subject Access Requests and digital searches across large datasets on Windows File Servers. Save profiles and searches for historical review. Export searches to multiple file formats.
- Stale Data Reporting: Understand where your stale data is and how much you have, and easily filter through to focus on your largest stale datasets. Save and share the reports with different departments and team members. Makes it easier to make decisions about confidently archiving data no longer accessed, and reduce storage costs by removing stale data from File Servers.
- Excessive Permissions in Microsoft 365: Provides detailed reporting on which of your users have excessive privileges based on their data usage. Deeper understanding of where and how permissions are being granted through SharePoint Online. Helps to implement a policy of least privilege or zero trust initiatives in the cloud.
- Threat Detection Workflows: Chain individual events together across multiple systems / data stores to identify suspicious activity or threats based upon certain patterns/sequences (attack paths). Build response templates and workflows based upon the threat patterns detected. Pre-defined threat detection workflows will start to be shipped with each new release.
Lepide Data Security Platform 21.2 Release Notes
In version 21.2 of the Lepide Data Security Platform, the following new features and reports have been introduced:
- User Centric Anomaly Detection: Users will now be able to detect anomalies in user behavior, including anomalous logon/logoff activity outside of office hours.
- Upgraded Look and Feel for Mobile: Our IOS and Android Apps will now have an updated look and feel to improve usability.
- Individual Report Nodes for Office 365.
- Reports for when sensitive data is shared with external users.
- A list for all operations performed by a user responsible for triggering an alert.
- New built-in actionable scripts that can be configured in threat models.
- A new web interface for the solution allows the user to customize their own reports and dashboards.
Enterprise Scalability and Permissions Analysis on OneDrive in Lepide Data Security Platform 21.1
In the latest version of the Lepide Data Security Platform, users will now be able to apply isolated resources to the functionality that matters the most (depending on where your area of risk or focus needs to be at that time) so that as your data centric security or access governance project evolves, so can your solution.
With the new release, Lepide Data Security Platform will now scale better than any other Data Security Platform on the market today.
Included within Lepide Data Security Platform 21.1 are the following features:
- Functionality orientated architecture for enterprise scalability
- AWS S3 bucket level alerting
- Permissions analysis for OneDrive
- Modern Authentication in Office 365
- Automatically discover open shares
Data Governance and Auditing MS Teams with Lepide Data Security Platform 20.2
In the latest version of the Lepide Data Security Platform, users will now be able to quickly implement zero-trust and audit MS Teams far more easily. Included within the latest release are the following features:
- Auditing, reporting and alerting for Microsoft Teams.
- Notifications whenever any of the functionality within the solution stops.
- The ability to change the permissions of users from within the solution.
- Script execution from Windows and Android apps to allow you to respond to threats whilst on the go.
- Bulk import of File Servers for auditing.
- On-the-fly data classification for SharePoint Server.
- On demand data discovery and classification for Dropbox.
- Logons and logoffs are now included in anomaly spotting.
- A new dashboard for Threat Models.
Lepide Data Security Platform 20.1 Adds Monetary Values to Data and Improves on Data Classification Scope
Today, Lepide released version 20.1 of their award-winning Data Security Platform. In the latest edition, the following features and enhancements have been included:
- The solution now applies a monetary value to data based on the current real-world value of that data in the global marketplace. This data can be used to demonstrate the value that security teams are contributing to the bottom line and help to focus security strategies.
- Data Discovery and Classification has been expanded to include OneDrive. New regexes have also been added to improve the scope of classification and categorization.
- Lepide DSP can now alert users when sensitive data is being sent on Exchange Server.
- The All Environment Change Report can now be sent as an alert.
- Users can now audit non-owner mailbox access in Exchange Online.
- Other enhancements have been made in the back-end to improve usability.
Version 20.1 also marks an important change for LepideAuditor. The solution, with all of its features, has now been encompassed completely within the Lepide Data Security Platform to provide a more unified experience for customers.
Lepide Data Security Platform 19.4 Release Notes – Threat Models, Data Risk Analysis Dashboards and More
Today, Lepide released version 19.4 of the award-winning Lepide Data Security Platform. Version 19.4 includes a number of key new additions that aim to make it easier for users to get an immediate idea of their data security posture.
In the new release, the following additions have been made:
- The Risk Analysis Dashboard groups key data security indicators into one place to allow you to analyze the state of your data and environment and spot threats quicker.
- Threat Models have been included to make it easier to generate reports that highlight specific threats to the security of your data/environment.
- Data discovery and classification has been added for SharePoint and SharePoint Online.
- Syslog auditing has been added to allow you to integrate Lepide Data Security Platform with EMC Storage, VMWare, Linux/Unix, Network Devices and more.
LepideAuditor 19.3 Introduces Universal Auditing and Exchange Server Classification
The following new features have been added in version 19.3 of LepideAuditor:
- Universal Auditing (auditing of any platform with an accessible log source through its API)
- Data discovery and classification in Exchange Server On-Premise and Online (including OCR)
- Permissions analysis for SharePoint Objects (On-Premise/Online)
- Least privilege analytics for NetApp
- Schedule of Permissions by User Report
- Schedule of Permissions by Mailbox Report
- Backend enhancements and improvements
LepideAuditor 19.2 Adds New Functionality to Data Discovery and UEBA
Below is a list of the key additions and improvements made in version 19.2 of LepideAuditor:
Data Discovery and Classification
- Identification and elimination of False Positives
- Classification in NetApp
User/Entity Behavior Analytics
- Automation on anomaly detection (Alerts – coming soon)
Data Access Governance
- Permission scanning for NetApp devices
- Permissions for exchange online mailbox
- Permissions for exchange on-premise
- Permissions Scan support in cluster environment
- New Reports:
- Schedule of Permissions by Object
- Password Change Not Allowed
- No Logon in Last N Days
LepideAuditor 19.1 Improves on Existing Data Classification Technology
In version 19.1 of the award-winning Data Security Platform, LepideAuditor, many new additions have been made to improve the data discovery and classification and user/entity behavior analytics functionality.
Below is a breakdown of the key new functionality in 19.1:
- Classify files by risk at the point of creation, modification or copy event with the new “on-the-fly” classification technology.
- Users can now manually override classification, flag or re-classify if they wish.
- More data discovery and classification-related templates have been included.
- A new report has been included that shows actual vs effective owners on data.
- Users can now explore permissions on sensitive data from a right click in the console.
- The security and functionality of the solution has been further improved.
LepideAuditor 19.0 Adds Additional Reporting for Data Discovery and Classification and More
LepideAuditor 19.0 introduces several additional reporting and alerting capabilities, as well as improved privileged analytics.
The following key additions have been made:
- Additional reporting and templates for Data Discovery and Classification
- Alerting and reporting on suspicious activity outside of business hours
- Deeper analysis on excessive administrative privileges
LepideAuditor 18.7 Adds Excessive Permissions Reporting Capabilities
LepideAuditor 18.7 introduces several new predefined reports to help users mitigate the risks of privilege abuse and reduce their potential attack surface.
The solution will now allow users to:
- Analyze users and objects with excessive permissions
- Analyze stale data by file count and volume
- View a report of “Sensitive Data by Name”
Other improvements have been made to the performance and optimization of the solution to provide the best possible user experience.
LepideAuditor 18.6 Adds Data Discovery and Classification
LepideAuditor 18.6 now gives users the ability to discover and classify sensitive data in their IT environment. The technology for this has been developed in house and therefore all support for successful implementation will be carried out by the Lepide support team.
The solution will now allow users to:
- Scan content located in File Servers for sensitive data based on a set of pre-defined conditions
- Classify the data to determine what data types are available
- Tag the data based on the content of the files
- Group data into categories based on the content
- Score the data based on the associated risk value
LepideAuditor 18.5 Adds Anomaly Spotting to Enhance its User & Entity Behavior Analytics
LepideAuditor 18.5 now gives users the ability to spot anomalies in user behavior through the new User & Entity Behavior Analytics section. The solution will now identify single point anomalies and display exactly why an event was flagged as unusual based on a number of conditions, including time, criticality and operation.
In addition to this, LepideAuditor (18.5) includes the following new features:
- In File Server, you can now send an email to a user if a policy is violated
- The Access Governance Insights tab now includes an alert summary graph
- In the Risk Analysis section of Access Governance, you can now see an alert summary report
- Analysis of Open Shares has been moved to the Risk Analysis section
LepideAuditor 18.4 Adds G Suite Auditing and Access Governance Insights Dashboard
Version 18.4 of LepideAuditor includes the following new additions:
- Auditing for G Suite
- Access Governance Insights for better Data Access Governance
LepideAuditor 18.3 Adds Multiple New Features and AWS S3 Buckets Auditing
Version 18.3 of LepideAuditor launched on 2nd July 2018 with the following new features:
- LepideAuditor now integrates with any SIEM solution to help you simplify your response automation and protect your SIEM investments
- Session recording allows users to monitor multiple systems and computers, and take action if they see something they don’t like (in the form of custom pop-ups or warning messages)
- Two new columns (Content Type and Risk Level) have been added to the User Behaviour Reports to give you more context to the changes being made to sensitive data
In addition to this, LepideAuditor now provides enables you to see who has access to critical data and who’s making configuration changes in Amazon Web Services S3 Buckets.
LepideAuditor 18.1 Features New Cloud Components
Version 18.1 of LepideAuditor was launched on the 22nd of May with the following new additions:
- Audit configuration changes and permissions in Azure AD
- Track file, folder, security group and configuration changes in OneDrive for Business
- Tack file, folder and permission changes in Dropbox and get insight into Dropbox link sharing
LepideAuditor 18.0 Now Includes Analysis of Open Shares
Version 18.0 of LepideAuditor was launched on the 11th of May with the following new additions:
- Explore what a specific user or group has access to and at what level
- Identify data ‘at risk’ by showing current open shares
- Explore security principles behind your open shares
The following enhancements have also been made to the solution:
- Search through active directory changes based on wild card filtering
- Improvements to the report layout when saved as a PDF
- Overall performance enhancements within the web reporting functionality
LepideAuditor 17.5.4 now integrates data discovery and classification
Version 17.5.4 of LepideAuditor launched on the 10th April 2018 with the following new additions:
- A new Risk Analysis report displays all sensitive files and folders as discovered, tagged and classified within the File Server Resource Manager
- Filter, search or group data in this report for easier interrogation of the data
Minor bug fixes have also been included
LepideAuditor 17.5 now includes support for GDPR
Version 17.5 of LepideAuditor has now been launched and includes the following new additions:
- GDPR Compliance is now supported
- Support for LDAPS for Active Directory as been added. Users must obtain an SSL or a TLS certificate from a Certificate Authority to use only LDAPS communication between LepideAuditor and Active Directory
The following enhancements have also been made:
- Improvements made to the format of email alerts for auditing
- Improvements made to the format of MHT Report files, which are saved from Auditor console
- Minor bug fixes
Lepide announced the launch of LepideAuditor 17.4
Lepide’s flagship solution, LepideAuditor, has gone through its latest innovation, now supporting SharePoint Online auditing. Version 17.4 now equips organizations with the ability to continuously monitor configuration changes made in their cloud environment in order to help them enhance data security.
In addition to this, more than 10 enhancements have been made to improve the general functionality of the solution. Some highlights have been listed below:
- Improved the change collection for shared files and folders in Windows File System and NetApp Filer
- Improved the level of detail in the Lepide User Password Expiration Reminder reporting
Today, Lepide announced the launch of LepideAuditor 17.3 with the following new additions:
LepideAuditor 17.3 now audits NetApp Filer Cluster Mode (CIFS Protocol only). The following version numbers are supported:
- 8.2.3 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 8.3.0 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 8.3.1 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 8.3.2 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 8.3.2 RC1 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 9.0 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 9.1 Clustered Data ONTAP
- 9.2 Clustered Data ONTAP
It now gives you the option to view the backup of the File Server Audit Log.
Minor bug fixes.
Launch of LepideAuditor 17.2
Today, Lepide announced the launch of LepideAuditor 17.2; the latest version of its flagship auditing and monitoring solution. The solution now boasts Office 365 (Exchange Online) audit capabilities to help organisations keep track of changes in the cloud-based platform.
Lepide today announced the launch of LepideAuditor 17.1 with the following new additions:
- LepideAuditor now lets the users select their own customized VBScript, PowerShell Script, or Batch File to run whenever the selected change is detected in Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server, SQL Server, SharePoint Server or File Server
- You can create an alert profile to specify the login credentials of any user, which will be used to execute any script. The only requirement is that the selected user should have the sufficient privileges both to run the script and to perform the actions mentioned in the script
- LepideAuditor now supports the auditing of Three-Tier SharePoint Server. Users have to simply provide the URL of the Web Application or Central Administration and the IP Address of the computer that hosts the Central Administration to add a three-tier SharePoint for auditing
LepideAuditor 17.1 also features the following:
- The Radar Tab has been redesigned to offer better functionality. It now contains tabs for component types only. There is now only one tab for all added Domains, one tab for SharePoint Servers, one tab for SQL Servers and one tab for File Servers. If you are adding multiple servers of a single type, they are displayed under the same tab
- The License Information Tab has also been redesigned. It now shows added components in a drop-down list. You can select any one of them to view their license information
- Scanning of File Permissions has been enhanced. The solution now supports scanning of shared files that contain ‘$’ as a character in their names. It also scans permissions of those files also, which have a long file path
- The solution now allows you to restore the password of a deleted user when the object is being restored using the Object Restoration Wizard. However, a prerequisite setting has to be done in the ADSI Edit for this to work
- LepideAuditor can now easily audit File Servers even if the computer (where it is installed) have multiple IP Addresses
- Logon/Logoff Reports now show the names of computers along with their IP Addresses
- Minor bug fixes
LepideAuditor 17.0 Launches
Lepide today announced the release of LepideAuditor 17.0. Below are some of the brand-new features that make this the most exciting version of LepideAuditor to date:
- Threshold alerts for File Server Auditing have been introduced. Users can now create Threshold Alerts to detect critical changes at the File Server based on user-defined criteria. After creating a threshold alert for an important object, you can specify when the alert is sent. For example, an alert can be sent if a specific change happens a certain number of times over a certain period of time
- In version 17.0, alerts can be seen in the LiveFeed widget in the Radar Tab. Alerts can also be sent by email to selected recipients and be sent via push-notifications to the LepideAuditor App (for Android and Apple iOS devices)
- In previous versions, alerts were sent through network messages, email and text messages. Version 17.0 no longer allows for alerts to be sent through network messages and text messages
- File Server alerts have been moved from “LepideAuditor for File Server – Settings Console” to the “Alerts Tab” in the main console. This means File Server alerts can now be created and modified from the main console alongside where alerts for other server components are created
- Minor bug fixes
LepideAuditor 16.4.2 Launches
Lepide today announced the launch of LepideAuditor 16.4.2 with the following brand-new and exciting additions:
- The new “Account Lockout Report” enables users to view the records of all user accounts that are locked out. The user can unlock the account, reset its password, and investigate the reasons for this cause
- A brand-new feature, “Auto-Save Scheduled Reports to Disk,” has been introduced to allow users to auto-save scheduled reports in PDF, MHT or CSV formats at any desired location on the disk or on a shared location. The user can also configure to send the real-time notifications to the intended recipients to notify that report has been saved at the selected location
- A “Search Option” for “Report Names” has been introduced to allow users to search in the names of “Audit Reports” and “Compliance Reports”
- The solution now allows the user to define the “Retention Settings” for the records of alerts, records of scheduled reports, and backup of the state of Active Directory and Group Policy Objects. These settings enables the user to free the disk space by removing the obsolete records and backups when they are no more required
- The new version now allows users to audit SharePoint Server 2016
LepideAuditor 16.4.2 now features the following enhancements:
- Version 16.4.2 provides users with the option to take monthly backups through defining the preferred month, date and time
- Users can now upgrade Group Policy Settings to enable the auditing. The solution also provides users with the option to create a new Group Policy at the domain or domain controller level and take the backup of the selected Group Policy
- Version 16.4.2 now audits SQL server in agentless mode for more accuracy, improved speeds and better SQL Server auditing. No agent will be deployed at the SQL Server or installed at the computer where SQL Server is running
- The “User Interface” for the “Current Permission Report” has been streamlined and simplified to make the identification of user permissions on selected shared files/folders much easier
- Minor bug fixes
Launch of LepideAuditor 16.4
Lepide announces the launch of LepideAuditor 16.4 – which includes the following new features:
- The “Event Log Clear Report” now enables you to see when Security Log events are deleted
- The “Concurrent Logons Report” now allows you to find out details of successful logons made by a single user on different computers simultaneously
- “Connection Timeout” and “Query Timeout” settings have been added in the Database Settings of Current Permission Settings
LepideAuditor 16.4 now includes the following enhancements:
- Internal folders now take up less space on the disk
- For improved performance, only the active tab on the “Radar” generates graph reports. An option to specify the interval after which the Radar Tab will refresh the reports has also been included
- The speed of Current Permissions scanning and report generation has been increased
- The Current Permissions database handling and records storage has been improved
- Minor bug fixes
Launch of LepideAuditor 16.3
Lepide today announced the launch of LepideAuditor 16.3 with the following additions:
- Current Permission Report for File Server showing the effective permissions of the Shared Folders. The report compares the effective NTFS and effective Share Permissions to analyze the currently effective permission on the selected file or folder
- Auditing of Exchange Server 2016. The solution now provides “Non-Owner Mailbox Access Auditing” for Exchange 2016 as well
- The new version also audits SQL Server 2016
- Storage and retention settings of the event logs at the domain controllers can now be modified from the properties of an already added domain
- Create custom reports from any of “File Server Modification Reports”
- “User Profile” reports have been added for SharePoint Server
- “All Modifications in Exchange Server Permission” report has been added for Exchange Server. This new report now shows all Exchange permissions at one centralized place
- “Group Policy Container Class” has been added in the domain settings. Earlier there was no dedicated option to include or exclude this class in the auditing
- Case sensitive support has been added for the databases and SQL Server, where the auditing logs are being stored. Earlier this support was only available for Case Insensitivity
LepideAuditor version 16.3 now features the following improvements and enhancements:
- The default “Lepide Server” has been removed from “App Server Settings.” It is now necessary for the users to install LepideAuditor App Server on a computer in their network and provide its public IP Address in “App Server Settings” in “Message Delivery Settings” and in the settings of LepideAuditor App
- SMTP authentication is now optional. It improves the connectivity with those Exchange Server, for which authentication is not required
- LepideAuditor (Web Console) has been improved with following changes:
- The banner and logo on the top has been changed
- The users can now drag-and-drop the columns in the report
- The issues in filters and scrolling down in the reports have been fixed
- Even more than 50,000 records are now being included while saving the report as PDF
- File Server Auditing has been improved with the following changes:
- Issues in the scheduling of the reports containing more than 1,000,000 records have been fixed
- Filters have been improved for the File Server Modification Reports
- More stability has been added to the software while saving the large modification reports as the files and while archiving the auditing logs on the scheduled intervals
- The deployment of SharePoint Auditing Agents has been enhanced. The scheduling of reports and alerts for SharePoint has been improved further
- The structure of the database, that stores domain auditing logs, has been enhanced. The unmatched issue of the database containing Exchange auditing logs has been resolved. It is recommended to create a new database to store the domain auditing logs and import the data from the old database
- The log collection of domain auditing has been improved and accelerated for the agents
- Minor bug fixes
LepideAuditor 16.2 launched
A new version of LepideAuditor has been launched with the following additions.
- Permission Analysis for Active Directory and Exchange Server has been added. It lets the Administrator view the historical changes in the permissions of objects and compare the permissions between two dates
- A new column - “Apply to” - has been added to “Permission History” and “Compare Permissions” reports of File Server Permission Analysis
- Both “Permission Analysis” and “Compare Permissions” reports can now be saved separately in PDF, MHT, and CSV formats on the disk
- The records of Permission Analysis are saved in the main database. These records will now be archived when the archive of the main database is initiated
- A new option to customize the auditing of Object Classes has been added. It lets Administrator audit all but excluding the selected object classes
- Report filters have been upgraded. A new option to add filter has also been added
- Filtration in Compliance Reports has been improved. A Compliance Report now shows the relevant column filters only
- The user interface of Audit Reports, Compliance Reports, and Permission Analysis sections in “Audit Reports” Tab has been improved. A new pin icon has been added to the top right corner of the Left Panel. You can click this icon to hide the Left Panel and pin it as a button on top left corner
- Wildcard characters like % and * are now accepted in File Name and File Path
- Minor bugs are fixed
LepideAuditor 16.1 launched
A new version of LepideAuditor has been launched with the following additions
- File Server Auditor is now a part of Auditor Suite
- Permission Analysis lets the Administrator view the historical changes in the permissions of files and folders and compare the permissions between two dates
The following enhancements are also included in version 16.1
- The user interface of the software has been improved
- Report Filters have been enhanced. Now, multiple conditions can be applied to a single column of the report. You can also define if the report has to be generated using any or all filters
- Graph view of the audit reports has been updated
- Minor bugs are fixed
LepideAuditor Version 16.0 launched
New version of LepideAuditor launched with the following new additions:
- 70+ predefined Compliance Reports added to detail how server components are satisfying regulatory compliances such as FISMA, GLBA, HIPAA, PCI DSS, SAS, and SOX
- Compliance Reports can now be configured to be delivered via email on scheduled intervals
- "Restore" Tab moved to "Audit Reports" as a section
- “Audit Reports” Tab now divided into three sections - "Audit Reports", "Compliance Reports", and "Restore"
- Auditing logs can now be stored in SQL Server 2016
- The Group Policy Auditing agent improved to be lightweight on domain controllers
LepideAuditor Version 15.4 launched
Lepide has launched LepideAuditor version 15.4 with the following new additions.
- Active Directory Cleaner to detect and manage inactive user and computer accounts
- User Password Expiration Reminder to detect and send notifications to account owners with soon to expire passwords
- Threshold limit for email alerts, LiveFeed updates, and mobile app notifications
- Two new graphs for Active Directory Cleaner and User Password Expiration Reminder
LepideAuditor Version 15.3 launched
Lepide today launched version 15.3 of their LepideAuditor with following new additions and updates.
- Improvements to the agent to allow it to run as a service
- Notable improvements to the GUI and the dashboards
- Added drill down capabilities directly from the dashboard visuals through to reports
- Significant improvements in the performance with regards to data collection
- Addition of console activity auditing
- Additional reports added
LepideAuditor Version 15.2 launched
Lepide today launched the dynamic new version 15.2 of LepideAuditor with the following new additions and modifications.
- A new overall look has been given to the User Interface of the software
- Dashboard Tab has been replaced with all new “RADAR” tab
- 360° view tab has been added in Radar that provides a quick overview of everything going into Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server, SharePoint, and SQL Server
- Resource Utilization widget in 360° view tab shows the usage of resources on server components. Administrator can turn on/off the feature and select/unselect the server to display their resource utilization reports
- Enhanced look of graphs both in Graph widgets of Radar tabs and Graph View of Audit Reports
- SQL Health Monitoring has been added with more than 10 reports
- LepideAuditor App for Apple iOS devices has been launched and can be installed from the App Store
- Android version of LepideAuditor App has been upgraded with a new user interface
- LepideAuditor (Web Console) has been added to enable the administrator to delegate access to Audit Reports to the Active Directory Users. The Web Console is actually a web-based Server that allows users to access it through a browser from anywhere in the network
- “All Environment Changes” audit report has been added that lists all changes made in the IT environment comprising of Active Directory, Group Policy, Exchange Server, SharePoint, and SQL Server
- Login credentials to access the server are now saved in encrypted format
- Auditing logs can now be archived with encryption
- Administrators can now change the location of backup captured by LepideAuditor and move the backup from one location to another
- New option added in Health Monitoring tab to select/unselect the server components to view their health status
- Trial License now added for 15 days by default for all components – Domain (Active Directory, Group Policy, and Exchange Server), SharePoint, and SQL Server
- Default backup of Active Directory and Group Policy every 24 hours at 12:00 AM although the user is able to modify the time and interval of capturing the backup snapshot
LepideAuditor Version 15.1 launched
Lepide launched the upgraded version 15.1 of LepideAuditor. Following is the list of new features of this release.
- Both agentless and agent-based auditing for the domain (Active Directory, Group Policy, and Exchange Server) and SQL Server
- Health Monitoring has been improved with multiple new reports for Exchange Server and one new report for Active Directory
- One can add the domain (Active Directory, Group Policy, and Exchange Server) and SQL Server with any of the following methods
- Express Configuration: Component will be added with limited default settings
- Advanced Configuration: Add the component with more settings to customize the auditing and to turn on advanced options
- A logon.exe has to be generated by modifying the domain properties. In case of agent-less mode, you have to install Lepide Logon/Logoff Audit Module that comes with setup file on any of the domain controllers
- Design of the user interface has been modified, especially "Settings" Tab has been provided a complete new look. All component settings either tricky or simple are now easily accessible
- LepideAuditor App has also been launched for Android devices. Now, you can see the updates who have done, which change when and from where on your device at your tips
- Define a default SQL Server that will be used with all components to store their logs in a centralized place
- Delivery Message Settings has now been added. It lets you add email account and Application Profile Account, where delivery notifications could be sent
LepideAuditor Version 15.0 launched
Lepide today launched the new version 15.0 of LepideAuditor. This new version has the following key features: -
- SharePoint Server Auditing
- SQL Server Auditing
- Separate Dashboard Tabs for SharePoint Server and SQL Server
- Predefined audit reports for SharePoint Server and SQL Server
- Health Monitoring of Active Directory and Exchange Server
- Real-time Health Monitoring Alerts through email
- Periodic backup snapshots of Group Policy Objects
- Restore the state of Group Policy Objects
- Group Policy Objects State Reports
- Option to create custom reports using any of the Group Policy Modification Reports
- Modified Restore Tab to display Snapshot Reports for Group Policy Objects
- Minor bug fixes
Facilities offered by the Software:
- Continuous auditing and monitoring of
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Exchange Server
- Long-term storage of logs in a SQL Server database
- Let organizations meet the compliances such as FISMA, GLBA, SOX, PCI DSS and HIPAA
- More than 165 predefined audit reports to abide by the compliances
- Shows details of each recorded entry in a separate section
- Feature-rich filters and other options to customize the report
- Option to create custom reports using any of the Active Directory Modification Reports
- Real-time alerts
- Instant LiveFeed updates for all critical changes at the Dashboard Tab
LepideAuditor is launched
Lepide has today launched a Live Auditing solution named LepideAuditor. This 3-in-1 product audits the Active Directory, Group Policy Objects, and Exchange Server.