AD Manager - Active Directory Management and Reporting Tool
Lepide Active Directory Manager
Lepide Active Directory Manager is a cutting-edge solution over complex and branched out functionalities of built-in Windows administration tools. LADM functionalities are spread across two categories, viz., Active Directory Management and Active Directory Reporting. LADM serves as a centralized single platform to effectively manage network-wide organization units, computers, users, groups, shares etc.
Not just this, the software also provide solutions beyond typical Active Directory handling and lets you manage Domains, Services, Event Logs, Registry, Printers and much more. Apart from providing all the above mentioned capabilities, LADM also offers an easy and robust way to generate reports on various AD objects.
Lepide Active Directory Manager provides an all- inclusive platform to execute essential tasks like directory search, user, computer, group, server, OU and, schema management. Designed with an explorer-style GUI, the software makes it easy to perform complex day to day admin tasks in an efficient manner.
One of the most challenging task for an administrator is to generate various types of reports related to active directory for tasks such as Active Directory Clean Up, Network Security Review, Policy Managements, etc.
Active Directory Reporting module of LADM provides the admin with the added advantage of comprehensive reporting capabilities that help to generate reports on various AD objects including Users, Groups, OUs, GPOs, accounts and logon. Along with providing more than 100 predefined reports, it also gives complete control to administrator to create customized reports and schedule them as per the organizational needs. The software has a powerful interface to create custom queries on active directory and save them for future references.
Lepide Active Directory Manager has some added advantages over in-built Microsoft tools:
- With powerful object filtering facility of AD Manager module, the admin can glance through and manage All OUs and their sub OUs including Empty OUs, Recently modified OUs, Recently created OUs, User only OUs, Computer only OUs, GPO linked OUs and GPO blocked inheritance OUs. Extraordinary filtration ability of the software enables you to dig through the various levels of the directory and view their contents.
- With AD Manager's Group Management, it is more convenient to create groups in root domain, any other domain, any OU, or in any container class object. With the help of available Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) planning mode of the software you can test existing Group Policy objects (GPOs) for all of the policy settings that can be applied.
- With LADM you can view and edit all AD attributes of any object or attributes that are defined in schema.
- Customizable AD Queries of Active Directory Manager enable the admin to define queries, edit existing queries for every object type. You can define requirement based queries to view Directory Attributes and Schema Attributes and view details regarding OUs, computers, Users and groups including global, local and universal groups.
- Exchange Management functionality of AD management tool enables the admin to create mailbox in domain Exchange server, view all shell properties of any user mailbox and delete any user mailbox.
For medium or large organization it is not possible to walk shoulder to shoulder with the ever evolving technology; it may take some time to adapt the technological changes. Same thing happens with frequently upgrading Windows versions, as it is not possible to upgrade the tools that are being used for management of AD objects and attributes. Lepide Active Directory Manager provides support to all versions of Windows Servers right from Windows 2000 to the latest Windows 2008 R2, therefore, no need to dwell on the Active Directory management tool when Windows is upgraded.
The ad manager software has been made available for a free evaluation of 30 days. During this period, the Active Directory reporting tool can be used for the flawless management of AD objects on both 32 bits and 64 bits Windows operating systems. The free evaluation version of AD Manager is fully functional except one limitation that is it does not allow saving or printing AD reports.
Terry Sanders [Pro2Serve USA]